As of September 2018, LARI is headed by Secretary General Dr. Katrina Bramstedt.
Katrina brings 18 years’ experience in bioethics and research ethics, including industry, academia, and clinical settings. Most recently she was Chair of the research ethics committee at Philips Research and their Senior Ethics Officer.
Other experience includes leading a medical ethics program with a Professorship at Bond University Medical School (Australia) and directing the Cleveland Clinic’s General Clinical Research Center Research Subject Advocate Program (USA).
A bioethicist, she has created and taught numerous courses in research integrity and bioethics, consulted on cases of misconduct, reviewed over 2200 research protocols, performed over 900 ethics consults, and authored 100+ peer-reviewed articles. Her personal research areas have focused on organ donation and transplantation and she is an internationally recognized expert in the bioethical issues of Good Samaritan donation as well as composite tissue allografts. She maintains a private clinical practice focused on living organ donor screening and complex transplant cases.
Coaches are researchers from various disciplines who are trained by LARI to support and mentor the researchers in their department/institute about good research practices, research ethics, and research integrity. If you would like to become a LARI Coach, discuss this with your department head/supervisor and the LARI Secretary General. See our calendar for coach training sessions (Coach Workshop).
LARI Commission for Research Integrity (CRI)
- Daniele Fanelli – Fellow in Quantitative Methodology, Department of Methodology, London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
- Mylène Deschenes – Directrice des affaires éthiques et juridiques au Fonds de recherche du Québec, Canada
- Vedran Katavić – Associate Professor of Human Anatomy, University of Zagreb, School of Medicine, Croatia; Ethics expert at the European Commission, Belgium
- Torkild Vinther – Director, The National Commission for the Investigation of Research Misconduct, Norway
- Prof Dr Daniela N. Männel – Institut für Immunologie, Universität Regensburg, former member of the research integrity committee in Austria.
Dr Marc Schiltz, Secretary General & Exec Head of the FNR
Prof Aline Muller, CEO of LISER (Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research)
Dr Fernand Reinig, CEO a.i. of LIST (Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology)