The Luxembourg Agency for Research Integrity (LARI) is a joint venture set up in 2016 between the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR), the University of Luxembourg (uni.lu), the Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH), the Luxembourg Institute for Socio- Economic Research (LISER) and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST).
LARI has the twofold mission (1) to promote responsible conduct of research and (2) to ensure an independent inquiry and investigation in cases of alleged scientific misconduct. In order to implement the mission of inquiry and investigation, LARI has established a Commission for Research Integrity (CRI) composed of international experts.
They are currently looking to recruit a full-time CDI Secretary-General (M/F) to lead the organization.
Secretary General (m/f)
Role and Responsibilities
- As Secretary-General you will be the executive head of LARI, fully empowered to lead the organization on a daily basis and to manage the Agency (interaction with auditors, accounting, tax, legal for managing the activities of a small entity) and the agendas under the supervision of the LARI board.
- You will develop a strategy and implement actions for promoting and educating responsible conduct of research in Luxembourg, in close collaboration with the national research institutions, that are members of LARI.
- You will act as first « point-of-contact » and reference person for LARI members for the reporting and handling of alleged cases of research misconduct in Luxembourg. Research integrity is the adherence to principles of academic and scientific honesty and ethical conduct when conducting, publishing, or reviewing research. It is an important part of the research process and includes principles such as objectivity, accuracy, honesty, confidentiality, and respect for intellectual property. Research integrity also includes the responsible use of data and the proper handling of any conflicts of interest.
- As spokesperson for the organization, you will represent LARI towards various national stakeholders and liaise with the international community of research integrity experts (RI).
- You will proactively monitor and engage in global developments in Research Integrity and Research Ethics and provide expertise to the LARI board and to the Luxembourg public research institutions ( Uni, LISER, LIH, FNR and LIST).
- As a non-voting member, you will assist and provide administrative support to the national CRI.
- You have a Master’s degree (e.g. education, biomedical, law, business ) level or equivalent.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in research and/or research management.
- You have a sound knowledge of good scientific practice and/or proven expertise in the topics of Research Integrity and/or Research Ethics and/or Research Quality.
- You understand when a high degree of confidentiality is needed.
- You are an excellent communicator and networker, with an ability to raise awareness and develop education and training for responsible conduct of research, both with individual researchers and team leaders, as well as with research organizations as a whole.
- You have proven organizational skills and are able to run all operations (research integrity and daily business of a small entity) in full autonomy.
- You have knowledge of the EU research environment, research integrity and ethics, and the relevant legal procedures.
- You have an excellent level of French and English (spoken and written) and ideally a solid knowledge of German.
- Legal skills and knowledge of the Luxembourg research ecosystem are considered an advantage.
The Client’s offer
- The possibility to provide valuable impact on research and the scientific community in Luxembourg.
- A high level of autonomy and strong external visibility.
- The possibility to work at the heart of Luxembourg’s young and dynamic research ecosystem and to network with a variety of stakeholders.
- A permanent full-time employment contract.
- A compensation commensurate with your experience.
Would you like to apply for this job?
Please send your cv and cover letter to Sonia Rucquoy, Hudson Luxembourg or to
Alberto Logaldo, Hudson Luxembourg.